Friday, December 10, 2010

Held Hostage - Send Cookies

Alas, I've been unable to schedule a post for today as my typist has been held hostage by an international cabal known as the Workforce. Who these people are and why they feel compelled to take hostages is beyond me, but rest assured I'll get to the bottom of it. (What I take to be an offshoot conspiracy, code-named Payday, also seems to be involved.)

I've been working on the latest New Babbage mystery from Master Loki Eliot, dubbed the Black Heart, and will be reporting on that in further detail shortly. Amusingly, this mystery has been profiled on the Secondlife.com "Destinations" guide, leading to a large number of very young avatars in interesting clothing descending on the Steampunk nation of New Babbage. Hilarity ensues.

And please, send cookies. Or cake. Or possibly pie. Our hostages need to keep up their strength.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cake.
Google images of 'cake steampunk' and you will have a nice ten minute euphoric fugue.

http://www.google.com/images?q=cake+steampunk&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1388&bih=696&tbs=isch:1,isz:lt,islt:svga&source=lnt&sa=X&ei=nmgCTcaZCMamnAetkuToDQ&ved=0CAoQpwU

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Ooooo I *love* the idea of unsuspecting noobs landing in Babbage... I really don't know who I sorriest for, but I'm wavering towards the noobs :-D

Rhianon Jameson said...

Miss Ember - Those cakes were delicious (visually speaking, of course)! Euphoric fugue seems awfully similar to bouncing off the wall sugar high. :)

HBA - You'd think that, wouldn't you? Except that the Babbagers are so nice, so they suffer in silence when the bling-shiny, barely-clad folk come in. (One poor guy couldn't take it any more and asked a lady to stop raining hearts.) It's been good spend more time in Babbage, however.