Monday, September 24, 2012

Story Time

Crap Mariner is indefatigable when it comes to his dedication to his microfiction, which he curates at his site 100 Word Stories. He reads at least once a week in Clocktree Park, usually Wednesdays at 5 p.m. SLT. I had been meaning to try to sit in on a session, but the time doesn't quite work out for me. More recently, he started reading at the Chelsea Hotel Saturday mornings at 8 a.m. SLT (doubtless for that Continental flavour in the audience). Unfortunately for me, that happens to coincide with the inevitable weekend errand time. Fortunately for me, Saturday a few weeks ago was an exception, and I trundled to the Hotel's lobby for an hour of stories, read in Voice.

 Hundred word stories 9 15 12 003a

Crap had an appreciative audience, including me, even though I tucked into a chair around the corner.

Hundred word stories 9 15 12 002

In addition to the stories themselves, Crap had several anecdotes about recent events in his life. The only thing marring the experience was stray audio that seemed to be a television program about 9/11 (complete with commercials!) that was about the same volume as Crap, rendering about half his words inaudible. Ah well, that sort of thing happens, eh?

Hundred word stories 9 15 12 003

Hundred word stories 9 15 12 005
The chair is so comfortable I might just take a…

I'll try to get to some more readings, though I won't be able to make it for the next few weeks at least.

No comments: