Sunday, February 6, 2011

Visiting Penzance

I decided that I had not been aloft in some time, so I called for one of my DME airships to be taken out of the hangar and readied for flight. After some aimless air time, I found myself headed to the north of Caledon and decided that it had been quite a while since I had last seen Penzance.

I landed at the Connolly RCAF Aerodrome and walked into town.


New stores had sprung up since my last visit. Below, the Kaleidoscopic Eyes Gallery.

The Gaiety Theatre was still present, however.


Below, shopping on Grosvenor Avenue.*

More shopping on Pirate King Road.

Residences mix with shopping on Ruddigore Road.


After a long afternoon of walking, a cup of tea and a book seem like just the thing!

Even better-sounding was a good night's sleep in my own bed, so it was back to the airstrip for me and a flight home.


* Interruption from the typist: those who have taken Metro's Red Line in the Washington, D.C. area to the Grosvenor station have a wide variety of choices of pronunciation of the station name from which to choose. My two favorites are "Gross-ven-or" and "Grove-en-or." Of course, this comes from the same transit system in which about half the drivers are happy to announce "the last and final station on the line."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you like flying bareback on the Imaginary? Thank you once again for this travelogues of current Caledon. It is hard to get out to every sim and keep track.

yrs
Miss D

Rhianon Jameson said...

It's a bit airish in the winter and a touch unladylike to have one's bum in the air, but the Wow factor as one swoops across the sky more than makes up for it. :)

Eladrienne Laval said...

The station is pronounced "Grove-nor". :-)

Rhianon Jameson said...

The lovely lady wins the cee-gar. You know your Red Line, Miss Laval. :)