Sunday, October 10, 2010

In Search of Steal Head

News of the creature dubbed "Steal Head" (for his tendency to decapitate his victims, as well as a clever pun on the "Steelhead" name) reached Caledon and I wondered what I could do to help. I sent a dispatch to my friend Dr. Beck, little realizing that Dr. Beck was already
in the grasp of the creature, as news travels slowly to gentle Caledon Downs.

I knew Steelhead Shanghai was a dangerous place, especially after dark - and the predators were not all supernatural. My trusty Colt was in my hands at all times.


Though I did not find Dr. Beck, I did find evidence of the creature's handiwork, here...

...and here.


I patrolled Shanghai and the more upscale areas of Steelhead until dawn, but saw nothing out of the ordinary.

When I was in Port Harbor, it occurred to me: Dr. Alter has been very quiet recently... could there be a connection? But no, the squiddy thing was right where she had left it.


I commend the entire (ongoing) Steel Head saga to you, gentle reader, starting with the first chapter.

2 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Ahhh, TY for the mention - I'm still working on the last chapter (or two) but RL is soooooo busy I've hit a wall. I hope to finish soon :)

Rhianon Jameson said...

It's always useful to keep the story fresh in everyone's mind.

I have to get off my lazy duff and finish and post several half-done pieces but, like you, I've been quite busy in that Other Life.