Sunday, October 26, 2008

Story Discussion in Winterfell

Some days the most enjoyable parts of my time are the ones that are completely unplanned. Yesterday was a case in point: I was aimlessly wasting time when Miss Serafina Puchkina announced she would be leading a discussion of The Amber Spyglass, by Phillip Pullman. Having thoroughly enjoyed the His Dark Elements series, despite some serious reservations about Mr. Pullman's views, and so rarely having the opportunity to discuss a book I knew something about at a time I was available, I hastened to Winterfell where I had a delightful time. Mr. JJ Drinkwater, Miss QuantumMeruit Bing, Miss Scandaroon Beck, Miss Verona Skytower, Mr. Mavromichali Szondi, Miss Puchkina, and I had a spirited discussion, involving good and evil, free will, and, ahem, adolescent nookie.

I must have been too wrapped up in the conversation to take a picture, but the assembled group was quite eclectic. A good time was had by all!

No comments: