Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rhianon in New Wonderland

Thanks to Mr. Hotspur O'Toole, I heard of a new Alice in Wonderland-themed RP area that recently started; it goes by the name of New Wonderland. I decided to go through the looking glass, as it were, and see what was there.

One has to really want to get there. I climbed through the glass...

...through several doors...

...and along a crazy corridor before reaching my destination.


The sim is filled with the sort of whimsical structures one expects from these Alice-themed locales. It also has a backstory of sorts, one involving different factions of Wonderlanders pitted against one another.


A few hearty souls were there with me.


Those trees looked particularly angry. I avoided them.


The chessmen looked as though they had difficulty understanding the rules. Either that, or they were ganging up on me. Time to move on...


I sat at this table, expecting dinner service. The furry creature to my left, with his head down on the table, arrived. His name was Pete the Cat. Pete and I had a lovely conversation, albeit one that can occur only in Wonderland.


I can't honestly say how I found my way back. I had looked for the No. 3 bus, but Pete said he had not heard of it. He could get me Somewhere, but I replied I did not want to go Somewhere, that it was in a different direction entirely.

The conversation - or perhaps it was the tea - made me drowsy, and I'm afraid I nodded off, which was, I know, shockingly bad manners. When I awoke, I was back in my house. Your mileage may vary.

No comments: