Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Kryptonite

It's Friday afternoon as I type this, and I'm sitting in my office, avoiding the 100-degree-plus heat outside, and contemplating jotting something down. Then - decision paralysis. Which pen do I reach for?

Never mind the absurd numbers at home: the set below is what I have on hand to choose among.


The top row, from top to bottom: OMAS 360 fountain pen, Conway Stewart Duro, Sailor 1911. Bottom row, left to right: Levenger True Writer in Sea Glass, Parker 51 converted to a cap-activated ballpoint, Parker Sonnet rollerball, and Parker Duofold rollerball.

Yes, I have a problem.

Still, these things occasionally provide comic relief. Earlier today, a friend was fiddling with the OMAS and twisted the bottom knob, which controls the piston-filling mechanism. Ink went everywhere (the blots on the top right of the picture are from that episode).

Good times.

No comments: