Monday, September 29, 2008

In the Catacombs

I had heard of the catacombs deep beneath Brigadoon, and decided to see for myself. Perhaps going at night was not the wisest choice.

I passed a graveyard, shrouded in fog. Was this an ill omen? Casting aside my doubts, I soldiered on.

I stumbled into the catacombs themselves. When my eyes had adjusted to the gloom, I saw...snakes. Why did it have to be snakes? Well, at least it wasn't spiders. I have a dreaded fear of spiders.

Oh-oh. Spiders. Coming out of the dank mist that enveloped me.

Fortunately, I could sit for a while to collect my wits and have some tea. Unfortunately, the tea service appeared to be levitating, and was poured by someone not visible to me.


More spiders? This made conversation with the tea-serving wraith uncomfortable. I kept wondering if the spider was eying me as a possible meal.


This looks ominous. Perhaps it was the spider's last guest?


I took the opportunity to claw my way out of the catacombs and make my way to the nearest pub for a restorative - barkeep, whatever you have is fine, just put the bottle in front of me!

(Thanks to Mr. Jayleden Miles for developing this fright, er, sight, located in the southeastern quadrant of Caledon Brigadoon. Set the environment to midnight and be sure to turn on the sound!)

No comments: