Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Alchemy Immortalis

Hello there! It seems as though it's been ages since I've appeared here. I've been...away. Yes, let's go with that word, as it covers a multitude of sins. I hope everyone has been behaving himself or herself during my absence.

I paid a visit to Alchemy Immortalis and the adjacent sim, Empress and Hierophant. The shop describes itself as "a bizarre bazaar of the odd, peculiar, and wondrous for mind, body, and spirit." I tried for a moment to parse through the distinctions between odd, peculiar, and wondrous, then surrendered and entered the shop.

The first thing I saw was a very welcoming table, laden with brandy-laced cigars and a bottle of cognac on a tray. Very fine cognac indeed!


The harpsichord - complete with sheet music - is finely detailed. Bach in my day, I preferred other types of music, but Hayden know any better. Now I know: if it isn't Baroque, don't fix it. (Thank you, and I'll be here all week.)


Some of the items available through the vendors in the shop are on display in the house elsewhere in the sim. The merchandise is described as "Medieval fantasy, Steampunk, Victorian, Bohemian, pagan influences - Eclectic mashups to be expected."


The owners seem to have plans for the next sim over as a bed and breakfast. The charming inn overlooks the water. Its remote location, as well as the steady rain, suggests a romantic getaway spent largely in the room.

Should one brave the elements, however, the rustic area also would make for a series of romantic walks.

Alas, I was there by myself.

No comments: