Thursday, May 27, 2010

New to the Downs - May

It's my turn for the periodic, sporadic, and largely unreliable "Who are the Jamesons' new neighbors?" segment of this Journal. I took a night ramble about Caledon Downs to see what popped up since, ah, the last time. (February, in case anyone cares.)

Just a few doors away from Chez Jameson, on the border of Glengarry, where previously stood Sir Thaib and Lady Dawn's cottage, is Miss Chandra SpiritWeaver's Luminescence Court, a lovely spot styled in the manner of the Orient. I should think that house would be drafty after the snows fall, but perhaps by then we will see some remodeling.


Up the hill from our Gothic retreat, Miss Audrey Fotherington has landscaped her property extensively, and added this charming house and footbridge over the river.


Across the road from Miss Fotherington, Mr. Blake Panache has this rugged house abutting a small pond.


Tucked away in a location near the Tamrannoch border, Mr. Monty Streusel has remodeled his house and founded an organization he calls the Independent Artists of Caledon.


The Caledon's Got Talent organization has two properties (one of which is the former site of the Steampunk Resource Centre, near Glengarry; the other is Mr. Whybrow's former property, near South End). One wonders what will become of those sites after the talent shows to benefit Relay for Life.

4 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

I for one love these posts! I'll do one about St Helens soon (and maybe Ryne can do one about Shanghai?)

Rhianon Jameson said...

Hi, HBA! I'd find a St. Helens/Shanghai series interesting - just as I enjoy your posts on the Mainland sims. Even though I try to keep up with the various parts of the Steamlands, sometimes things change so quickly that neat builds sneak in under the radar.

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

I did a 2 part St Helens series in Jan:

http://headburroantfarm.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/a-tour-of-steelhead-st-helens-part-1/

and

http://headburroantfarm.wordpress.com/2010/01/10/steelhead-st-helens-tour-part-2/

But they need updating and I still haven't done a Shnaghai one... Hmmmm...

Rhianon Jameson said...

Indeed you have - I had forgotten!