Friday, July 16, 2010

Gor Visits Caledon

I was sitting in Chez Jameson, in Caledon Downs, enervated by the day's heat and attempting to restore a semblance of humanity by sipping a cool gin and tonic when motion in my peripheral vision caught my attention. I looked, then looked again, as I was not prepared to believe my eyesight the first time.

But, indeed, I had not been deceived: a young Gorean lady was walking through the Downs. I almost asked if she was lost, but the heat, the comfortable chair, and the beverage all conspired to restrain my manners.

She seemed harmless enough, if a bit underdressed. For a moment I wondered if this was the long-awaited Gorean retaliation for the Jameson girls' adventure in Gor-land. It seemed unlikely. She passed, and I returned to silent contemplation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she was in Caledon Downs she may have been looking for the Steambox Chess Park. We have a Gorean chess board along side the more regular European one.

Avariel Falcon.

Kathy Jameson said...

Hmm, I didn't know that! Thank you, Miss Falcon - I'll have to take a closer look at the chessboards.

Anonymous said...

Blimey... I'd say I don't know where to look, but the truth is I'm spoilt for choice!

Rhianon Jameson said...

Dr. Beck! Surely as a medical man the view is old hat to you. :)

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

/me looks again, really closely... but she's not wearing a hat...