Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bay City, Day Two

I wandered through Bay City, looking at sights that seemed interesting rather than try to cover every square foot. One spot that looked worth a visit was the Channel Island Mental Hospital. The sign said "No trespassing, restricted area, violators subject to arrest." That clearly did not mean me. I went over the fence.


The asylum interior was a grim and bloody place. Rats scurried everywhere. Copious amounts of blood stained various walls and floors. (And think, this was done by Lindens.)


(And wow, had I known about this earlier, it would have been the asylum setting in "Timestream.")


On a cheerier note, Zia and Chev's Garden was a lovely spot, decked out for Christmas but, to all appearances, a place to sit and contemplate...well, whatever one contemplates during a warmer season.


I made a short detour to the nearby Moose Beach Infohub. It was the usual motley collection of elderly characters who had nothing better to do than hang out in an infohub. "Move along, folks!"


Inner Harbor seemed to be the industrial center of Bay City, with its power plant, warehouses, and wharves for seagoing commerce. And lots of barbed-wire fence.


Now here's an interesting spot. A bowling alley-cum-black power/anarchist hangout. How 1970s.

I met few people, though the ones I saw seemed interesting enough, such as Miss maaa Moomintoog, the chain-smoking, fedora-wearing Japanese woman who was contemplating the asylum sign as I made my escape. At least everyone was wearing clothes today.

On to Nova Albion!

3 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

hehe, the assylum's great!
http://headburroantfarm.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/bay-city-a-night-at-the-assylum/

TRhere's still so much I haven't seen in Basy City - TY for your posts Rhia - I will go back a whole lot more!

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Oooo! here are some of the things left behind by the busy wee moles who built it :)

http://headburroantfarm.wordpress.com/2009/09/23/riding-from-bay-city-to-nova-albion/

Rhianon Jameson said...

Yes, the more I learn about SL, the more I realize I don't know a fraction of what's out there.

For some reason, I'm reminded of Ringworld (but not the sequels :) ).