Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Clothing Fair and RFL

It's that time of year again: Relay for Life, also known as the Spring/Early Summer social season. (Only half a joke in that statement.) Because one dare not be seen at such events in last years glad rags, it seems logical to start things off with a Clothing Fair to benefit RFL.

I started in the London area.

The square evoked Trafalgar Square, with Nelson's Column in the center...

...except that, upon closer reflection, the statue did not seem to be of Lord Nelson. At least the London Eye was there to reassure me I was in the right place!


Good cause or not, I find these fairs to be frustrating experiences, and this was no exception. Too many people and too many shops with too many textures create an immense amount of lag. Moving is painfully slow. Worse, some of the textures never rez completely. Far too many items were nothing more than gray panes; most of the good that were to benefit RFL seemed to fall into this category. I bought a few items, but concluded that my time and money would be better spent buying things I liked in low-lag sims and then donating money to RFL directly.


As they say, your mileage may vary.

No comments: