- I rezzed into the world for the first time in February, doing the noobie waddle, dressed in...something, wearing system hair. I raced around furiously to correct those, ah, issues.
- In March (I believe), I wrote the Guv to request the honor of citizenship. I have been missing the lower eighth of my monitor ever since, as ISC chat scrolls by.
- Caledon Downs opened in May, and I purchased (or "purchased") my first bit of land, at the border of Glengarry and directly across from the Steampunk Resource Centre. Despite the occasional noob wandering in my sitting room, I find it an ideal location.
- June found me sweltering under the heat of the midsummer sun, and the intense radiation cooked my brain to the point where I thought an Aetheric Journal to be a sensible idea. Nearly 200 entries later, I continue to hope I am entertaining someone on a more-or-less regular basis.
- My first longer piece of journalism, entitled "The Duchess and the Diamonds," appeared in July in this Journal, as well as the site Calemeo.com (as do all the subsequent works). I like mysteries, and everyone likes Duchesses and diamonds, do they not?
I have met many wonderful people, and made a few friends along the way. I continue to be in awe at the creativity of my fellow citizens - in building, scripting, making clothing, creating themed events - as well as the sheer energy they have. I tire just thinking about it.
I made it through my first RFL season, and we all endured the Openspace fiasco. We lost members of the community, some all too permanently, and mourned their passing. Like others, I wonder how long the ride can last, but I plan on enjoying it however long that may be.
So much for the year that was. I wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year - whichever new year you believe it to be!
With this, I am off for a week to a mysterious undisclosed location.