Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Visit to the Consulate

I travelled to Antiquity Township to see the new Europa Wulfenbach consulate and pay my respects. I started at the visitor center, which I recalled from my last visit, when I also took part in the CSI: Antiquity puzzle (well, less a puzzle and more a travel brochure).


Yet so much has changed since then that the town hardly looks like the same place! The miniature railway,...

the carnival rides,...

and much more are all new – or at least my befuddled memory does not recall them. The trolley, on the other hand, seems quite familiar to a Caledonian.

Having some time before my appointment at the consulate, I stopped in the large and airy library and spent some time with a good book.

At last it was time, and I toured the new consulate, which has much to offer the casual visitor, including information on historical figures and a number of free items. The building itself is beautifully designed.

I must say, though, that Antiquity is an awfully…dry place. After my tour of the consulate, I quenched my thirst with a cup of tea, but it’s just not the same as a tall glass of absinthe.


The land simply grows, and I can hardly do justice to it in one or two visits. I will come and explore more. And pack my own absinthe.

No comments: