Monday, August 17, 2009

Steelhead's New Lighthouse

In response to a note from Mr. Eclipse, I traveled to Steelhead to look at the town's new, improved lighthouse. The impressive structure towers over the area and provides ample warning to coastal shipping.

A closer view shows the gears that allow the light to rotate.


Also new to Steelhead since my last visit is the Seneca Eastings Gasworks, providing employment for the town. (At this rate of black smoke heading into the sky, Steelhead will soon look like Babbage!) Steelhead Shanghai, the new section of town, was not yet open for business, but the structures that had been erected looked very promising.


Here is evidence that Colonel O'Toole is indeed back!


I rest at the docks after a busy day.

1 comment:

Breezy Carver said...

My My What a lovely Visit you had Miss Jameson :) ...
Smiles @ The Lighthouse and delightful Steelhead New Gasworks ..... Cogs steam and smoke do always make everything better (mho) ... I too can't wait for Steelhead Shanghai!!! Exciting Indeed !