Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ghost Ship of the Firth

In one of life's cruel ironies, my typist has the afternoon off, and thus I could be in-world, except..."Logins are temporarily closed while we continue to work on the network problems." Well, that gives me the opportunity to upload two pictures of the Ghost Ship seen on the Firth several nights ago.

I matched its speed in my airship, the Hangover One, to take these pictures. The Ghost Ship exhibited no hostile posture; neither, however, could I hail its captain. Was there even a human pilot aboard? I never found out, as the ship eventually sailed into the fog and disappeared.


I shall keep my eyes open for future sightings.
In the meanwhile, I have been listening to recordings of a very fine wireless program, The Clockwork Cabaret, with the darling Davenport sisters broadcasting from their airship Calpurnia, escaping the fiendish clutches of CLANNG, playing an electic batch of music, and obviously having a grand time. The quasi-steampunk-themed wireless show comes weekly from a low-power FM station near the University of North Carolina, at the unholy hours of midnight to 2:00 a.m. However, thanks to the magic of the Aetherweb, recordings of (most of) these programs may be found here.

2 comments:

Hotspur O'Toole said...

I think that is the remnant of one of my fear engine ironclads. In any instance it is flying the flag of a defunct fleet, Middlesea, which very well might make it a "ghost".

Rhianon Jameson said...

Thank you, Mr. O'Toole - I didn't recognize the flag. You have a sharp eye, sir!