Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Under Victoria City

Mr. Subghoul Epsilon had noted on the Forums and in his Journal that the tunnel network under Victoria City (and Rothesay) had been expanded. Naturally, I had to take a look.

I descended into the tunnels. The network extends under the Library and the reading room, the Epsilon estate, the Great Lawn, Pearse'd and Cut, 221B Baker St. (no doubt Mr. Holmes uses the tunnels to move about unnoticed), and even under the Young Gentlemen's Association (I saw no gentlemen, young or otherwise).

Which way do I go?

Ahh, the road less traveled! I found myself under the Whitehorn Library, in Mr. Drinkwater's secret lair, complete with nuclear-powered heater and a cask of whisky. I knew I should have become a librarian!

This seemed a pleasant place to sit for a moment and to sip a whisky as a restorative. A second one seemed like an even better idea.

I woke up the next day with a vicious hangover. Mr. Drinkwater needs to stock a better quality tonic! (And, conveniently, he is now out of his poisonous distillate.) (Though, to be fair, it could have been the quantity, rather than the quality, that is at fault.)

My explorations continue...

No comments: